Monday, September 8, 2014

With Sympathy

I am always in need of sympathy cards but never seem to have them on hand so I'm hoping to remedy that over the next few months. I have good intentions of doing that anyway....you know that paved road to you know where goes and all.

I stamped the framed from the Verve Framed Florals set onto Ranger Distressed Water Color paper (on the smoother side), stamped the sentiment inside it and then cut out with Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mat. I used the Verve Bluebells die cutting from the same water color paper and then stamped the image onto the die cut. I have fallen in love with the new Distress Minis and I water colored  the frame background and the blue bells piece with Stormy Sky and Faded Jeans. I attached the blue bells image over the top of the original florals using foam tape. Some Ranger Diamond Stickles on the flowers, Verve ribbon and a button finished it up. I used the September Week 1 Viva la Verve sketch for the layout and all the patterned paper came from the Echo Park For the Record 2 pad. And since I used a new and never before used stamp as well as new inks, I am also submitting this for Darnell's NBUS #2 challenge.


Products: Verve stamps, die and ribbon, Echo Park dp, Ranger Water Color cs, PTI cs and button, MFT Die-namics, Lil Inker Designs die, Ranger Mini Distress inks

Thanks for stopping by.

My Sale Page.




6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful take on that sketch, Nancy, and a really pretty and moving sympathy card. I especially love your watercolor wash and those sweet bluebells! Thank you so much for playing in my second NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very pretty. I love your water coloring and the colours that you used, very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very appropriate and well done card Nancy. Elegant. - JIm

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely Nancy lovely to see your new stamps in action :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card...really like the flowers you put on this card...

    ReplyDelete